Life has been busy and I have not had a moment to sit down and write. Well, let me restate, life has been busy and when I have had a minute to sit down, I sat! The last two weeks we've just been plugging away, trying to deal with the cold and the snow. We've had a few trips to the mall to play in their play area and trips to the library just so we could get out of the house. My parents came to visit us this past weekend. It's always fun to have them come and the boys love spending time with them. The night they were arriving late in the evening, Jeff caught Jackson out of his bed peering out his window. He confessed that he was looking for lights to see if Grandma and Grandpa were here yet. :) He was very excited, and he knew Grandma was bringing cookies! We had a quiet weekend filled with lots of playing and reading books. We almost always have a project planned when my parents come out, but this weekend we just spent time together which was even better! Jeff and I were able to have a date night while they were here, which was a treat! A delicious dinner at our own pace and a night at the movies with no babysitting fee is a luxury! The last night my parents were here I could feel myself getting sick. Sure enough yesterday I felt miserable! Thank goodness it was a holiday and Jeff was home. I was able to rest most of the day and am feeling better today. I put Jackson to bed last night and he was so sweet. He gave me a big hug and said, "I'm sorry you feel sick Mommy. You need to go to sleep and you'll feel better in the morning." He was right!
The boys are constantly changing and learning new things. Here are some of the latest:
1. Jackson said to me one night, "You're my special mommy." :)
2. Cooper often says, "Ok, I get it!"
3. Grant continues to tell his knock knock jokes, going immediately to the punch line and laughing at himself!
4. Jackson is finally starting to work on his writing a little. He will sit with me for about 5 minutes and practice letters.
5. We rented "Toy Story 2" from the library and the boys are obsessed with it. Cooper constantly asks for "sory sory two?"
6. Grant loves jumping on the trampoline and he can bounce!! I'm just waiting for the day he falls and we have to go the ER...well, I hope not!
7. Right after Christmas we were really struggling with discipline, but we have definitely turned a corner in the last week. I'm so pleased to see all three of the boys taking turns and helping each other out. Don't get me wrong, we still have pushing and stealing of toys but there has been a MAJOR improvement which is awesome!
8. Grant and Cooper are pacifier free! This is a long story that I won't get into, but it's official the pacifiers are gone. The next step is big boy beds...I'm holding on to the cribs as long as I can so it may be awhile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They do grow up fast. I just love this blog. the next best thing to being there with you all.
ReplyDelete