Saturday, January 22, 2011

All is Well

Everyone is on the road to recovery at our house.  I took Cooper back to the doctor yesterday because his cough had gotten so much worse and he sounded like he was gasping for air after each cough.  The doctor checked his oxygen levels and respiratory rate and both were normal.  We are just continuing with the antibiotics and trying to get as much of the "gunk" out of his nose as possible.  Grant seems to be taking the virus a little better.  They both have double ear infections but Cooper just seems a little more run down than Grant.  Jackson is hanging in there, so far he just has the sniffles, but we will see what the next couple of days bring.  Only 2 more months of winter, right?!?!

I walked into the family room and found Jackson "reading" to his brothers today.  He has many books memorized and can recite them word for word.  I thought it was sweet to see Grant and Cooper listening so carefully.  Jeff and I have seen the three of them playing together and enjoying each other's company so much more in the last week or so.  They are getting so much better about taking turns with their toys and asking for a turn when they want something instead of grabbing for it.  I feel like I need my referee outfit and whistle a lot less often these days. :)  What a joy it is to see them laughing and playing together!  They love to race around the house, chase each other, and wrestle.  Today Jackson was pretending he was Buzz Lightyear and Grant and Cooper were space rangers.  Grant and Cooper would race after Jackson and follow him wherever he went.

As I'm typing this I can hear Grant waking up on the monitor saying, "Cooper, Cooper."  We had a nice quiet afternoon, everyone napped!  Naptime is over though and it's time to play!  Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful big brother Jackson is!! How sweet! I love this pictures and the little ones in it.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete