Friday, March 14, 2014

One of THOSE Days

Today has been one of those days.  You know the days that feel like they can't get any worse, and then they do!?  Yeah, that kind of day.  So here's how it all went down...

My day usually starts around 7:00 AM, but unfortunately I had an extremely rough night with Cal so I had basically been awake all night.  To top that off I have a cold and terrible sore throat...tired and sick are not the two best ways to start the day.

My mom had been here for a few days but today was the day she had to head home.  I love every minute when she is here so it's always hard to say goodbye.

Cal has taken to screaming when he should be sleeping, and I mean ear bleeding screaming!  So in order to make sure he took a decent nap this afternoon, the twins and I took him for a ride in the car before their play date.

When I got home my phone rang and it was Jackson's school...never a good sign.  It was the principal and it wasn't good news.  Thats when the tears started.  It's so hard to watch your child make bad choices over and over again.  It's so frustrating as a parent to feel like your not doing anything right and you've totally messed your kid up.  It's so discouraging to not know what to do next.  Ugh!

Then the babysitters show up for our date night.  I had a bad feeling about leaving the kids.  I was convinced Cal was going to scream the entire time we were gone and I felt like the issue with Jackson was not finalized, but Jeff convinced me that maybe some space would be good for everyone.  As we get ready to walk out the door, one of the sitters is attempting to feed Cal a bottle with no luck, and no confidence either.  Now I'm really hesitant to leave!  But we say our goodbyes and walk out the door.  We make a stop at the mall on our way to Jeff's department party, and 45 minutes later my phone rings.  It's the sitter, only I can't hear her over Cal's screaming.  I tell her, "we are on our way home!"

We get home and walk into a house filled with natural gas smell!!  (Note to self: always show sitters how to turn on the gas stove!). At least the house is still standing, everyone is still alive, and Cal is no longer screaming.

So here is our date night now...
Now when I sit here and look at this picture...I guess the day didn't end so badly.  We have three boys sleeping soundly upstairs, and I get to snuggle these two handsome fellas.  Hopefully we all get a decent nights sleep and tomorrow will not be one of THOSE days.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I'm thankful everyone is okay! Praying for great sleep for the entire family!! I wish I had stayed longer. Love you ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost stopped by your house yesterday afternoon just to say "hi" because I wanted to...now I wish I would have! I hope today has been better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Steph! We all have those days :-) You are a great mom and are doing an amazing job. We just need to remind ourselves of that.

    ReplyDelete