Friday, March 28, 2014

Date Night

A few weeks ago I took Grant out for a "mommy date" and tonight was Cooper's turn.  They very rarely get one on one time.  For whatever reason, Jackson seems to get more one on one than they do, and they tend to always be together with one parent.  Well I was shocked by how much it meant to them to be alone with Mommy.  It was very obvious how special they felt by their numerous hugs and "I love yous" they said.

On Grant's date he chose to go to Michaels for dinner, his favorite place.  Dinner was followed by birthday idea shopping.  He told me in the car that his date was the best part of his day!

Cooper chose to go to "the happy meal store" (aka McDonalds) for dinner and then we went shopping for a birthday gift for him to give to Grant.  He chose to sit right next to me in the booth and he snuggled me the entire time.  He prayed tonight and thanked God for letting him have a date with Mom.

I always knew how important one on one time was but this was truly eye opening for me.  I'm not sure who enjoyed the dates more, me or the boys!  Jackson will be next and hopefully we can make this a little more regular.

1 comment: