Friday, December 17, 2010

Holiday Train Garden

We took the boys to the Botanic Gardens last weekend to see the Holiday Train Garden.  We had heard from many people how wonderful it was and knew our boys would enjoy it.  It was truly amazing to see!  I can't imagine how many hours it takes to get everything set up.  They had three separate rooms with trains.  The first room we walked through had an entire village of gingerbread houses with a train going around it, along with many Christmas trees and some carolers singing Christmas songs.  I have a video of the room so you can see it but I'm having trouble getting on here...I'm a little technologically challenged!  I'll keep trying.

The next room we walked into was amazing!  It was filled with Christmas trees, poinsettias, and lots and lots of trains!  They had recreated many of Chicago's historic buildings and landmarks which were nestled in among the train tracks.  I would love to go back with Jackson alone, because unfortunately Grant and Cooper did a lot of running around and there was little time to actually stop and look at all of the amazing decorations or even take a moment to take a picture.  This was the only one I got.
Watching a train go by Soldier Field
The third and final room had one large train circular train track with a single train running on it.  We spent a lot of time in this area because it was less crowded and the boys could run around.





This was the view I had of Grant a majority of the time we were there.  He just wanted to run!
How many boys can you hold at once??
Even though Jeff and I were exhausted by the time we left (we both felt like we had just finished upper body workouts!), it was worth it.  The boys loved it!!  I know outings like this will become much more manageable every year as the boys get older.  For now, I guess Jeff and I need to stay in shape so we can chase them around and carry multiple children at once. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment