He wanted a picture of his cool new backpack!
Jackson and Mommy
We live directly behind the school playground. We can literally open our back gate and walk out onto the playground. So right before it was time for us to walk over, Jackson looks at me and says, "Mom, I think I can walk over all by myself." Can you hear my heart breaking??? I told him maybe in first grade he can walk by himself, but while he is in kindergarten I would be walking with him, especially on the first day of school. He seemed ok with that. :)
Here he is trying out the brand new playground equipment that was just installed during the summer. They literally finished days before school opened.
Lining up with his class. Does he look excited?!
Jackson's Kindergarten class, 2012-2013 (He's in the front row, second from the right)
As they started to walk into the building Jackson waved, said goodbye and I love you. I held it together until he turned to go inside and then I just couldn't anymore. I never thought sending your child to kindergarten would be so difficult!
He made it through the day and had a big smile on his face when I came to pick him up.
Jackson with two of our neighbors that also started kindergarten today.
Oh Steph, you are so brave! Jackson looks adorable, how hard it must be to send your baby to school, I'm not looking forward to it. The little boys looked so cute going to preschool too. Our boys start tomorrow. Hope you are doing well!
ReplyDelete