I often struggle with hearing God's voice, or rather knowing when it's God's voice. I'm always second guessing and have realized in the last year this is something that I really need to work on...being still and listening. BUT last week, I heard God's voice, no questions, without a doubt.
The night before Jackson was to go to his first day of kindergarten I was quite emotional and I told Jeff I felt like I had to let go of Jackson, but I wasn't really ready to do that. No one prepares you for how hard it really is to let your child go off to school. And I was a teacher, I get the whole first day of school thing, but it was STILL hard! So the morning of the 23rd, knowing I needed to hear God's voice, I opened my JESUS CALLING devotional to read the devotion for that day, August 23rd. This is what it said:
"Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands. If you let a loved one become an idol in your heart, you endanger that one - as well as yourself. Remember the extreme measures I used with Abraham and Isaac. I took Isaac to the very point of death to free Abraham from son-worship. Both Abraham and Isaac suffered terribly because of the father's undisciplined emotions. I detest idolatry, even in the form of parental love.
When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My Presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch to see what I will do."
WOW!! I knew God was speaking to me and I heard him LOUD & CLEAR. I love Jackson so very much but I know that I need to let him go and trust that God's going to take better care of him than I ever could. He loves Jack more than I ever will, which is hard to imagine but true. So I released my little boy and I TRUST that God will bless him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you, Steph! Not everything we do as a mother is easy but God is good.
ReplyDelete