Friday, May 6, 2011

Two Two-Year-Olds, Yikes!

My two little peanuts are two!!  What a difference two years make.  Our life two years ago was...well, actually we don't remember what it was like because we were so sleep deprived!  Having a new two year old and newborn twins in the house was pretty hectic to say the least.  There were days I never thought I would survive.  I lived hour by hour, sometimes minute by minute, but now here we are two years later.  The boys are becoming more and more independent every day.  Life is still crazy, but in a different way.  We have enjoyed the ride of twin parenting and always feel an instant bond with other parents of multiples.  It truly is an amazing experience.  I still have moments of disbelief that we have twins.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the boys even though it's not totally in focus.  I love that they both had their eyes open!
 Grant is our cuddly, sweet boy.  He's adventurous, but usually the first to cry when he gets hurt, which is pretty often these days!  He loves to eat, play with cars and trucks, put puzzles together, read books, and wants to grow up to be his big brother Jackson some day.  He imitates everything Jackson does.  He is Jack's little shadow.  He likes to tell jokes and laugh at himself.  He is Daddy's boy and is very sad when Daddy's not home, but equally as happy when he is home.  When Grant was a newborn he had a way of staring straight into your eyes as though he could see right to your soul.  I felt an instant bond with him and felt like all I wanted to do was protect this sweet boy.  He still has those beautiful eyes that have a way of telling you exactly what he means without saying a word.
Grant, 7lbs, 2oz
2 weeks old
2 years old, playing in the new sandbox
Birthday cake!!
Cooper is our adventurous, social butterfly.  He is a very happy boy and greets people everywhere we go.  He's always asking what everyone's name is.  Needless to say, we have met many people at the grocery store, the mall, the post office, Walgreens, and Target (our most frequented places).  Cooper loves playing with cars, trucks, and trains, watching the movie Cars and Toy Story, reading books, and singing.  Cooper sings all the time, and I love to listen to his sweet little voice.  I love it when I'm driving and I can hear his little voice singing along to the radio from the back of the van.  It's pure joy!  Cooper is our hot tempered boy.  We are loving him through the temper tantrums and biting and hopeful that he will learn to practice patience.  Being two and having to share your toys with your two brothers is challenging!  Cooper has come so far in two years.  He was such a little guy when he was born, over two pounds smaller than his brother Grant.  He weighed 4 lbs. 14 oz when he was born and is now up to 26 lbs!  I had never held a baby that small before, there was just nothing to him.  He was so fragile and now he's a rough and tough toddler!
Cooper, 4lbs, 14oz
Look at the difference in size!!
Cool 2 year old!
Yeah I'm 2!!
Jeff and I feel so blessed to have these two precious boys in our family.  They have enriched our lives and Jackson's life in so many ways.  They make us laugh, and cry, and laugh some more!  We love you Grant and Cooper!
Grandpa and Grandma joined in on the birthday celebration.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet, sweet post- you are so blessed! Happy birthday to your twins. I remember hearing that you were pregnant with twins and thinking, oh wow!, how overwhelmed I would feel:) You have obviously done it with grace and lots of love (and with lots more to come)! I always loved the chaotic days I spent with my sister's young twins and the bond as they grow up is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I love all the baby pictures of the twins! Thank you for sharing them! You have the most adorable boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just adorable, I had tears reading, remembering our journey as well. What a blessing! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete