Jeff and I headed down to Arizona for a quick weekend getaway. Jeff was swimming in the National Masters Swim Meet, and I got to tag along to be his cheerleader. :) We enjoyed the sunshine, warm temperatures, afternoon naps, leisure dinners, and catching up with good friends.
 |
| Jeff swimming his 200 freestyle. He had a great meet with awesome time drops. He met all the goals he set for himself. I'm so proud of him! |
 |
| The facility where the meet was held was amazing! It was HUGE! You can't tell how big it was from this picture, but they had four pools running. One pool was running the odd heats, one was running the even heats, and the other two pools were open for the swimmers to warm up and cool down in. The meet was very organized and I thought everything went very smoothly. There was always a place to park and a place to sit under the shade. Jeff said he thought there were 2000 swimmers registered for the meet. We saw people from age 19 to 89 compete, and we missed the 96 year old woman who swam on Sunday. It was inspiring! |
 |
| Jeff and I after he finished all three events. It brought back many high school and college memories cheering for Jeff poolside. :) |
While we were in AZ we had a chance to spend some time with our good friends Soren and Tory. We always enjoy catching up with them. Thanks you two for making us a delicious meal, and for treating us to some great mexican food! We loved seeing you, and wish our visits weren't so sporadic.
Of course we couldn't come home empty handed. We found some really cute cowboy hats for the boys. Unfortunately Jackson was the only one that was really thrilled about them. He loves wearing his hat and pretending he's a sheriff or a cowboy.
No comments:
Post a Comment