Sunday, August 14, 2011

Silly Monkeys

This afternoon I was excited to hopefully have a quiet house and get some of my items checked off of my "To-Do" list.  Jeff was taking Jackson to a birthday party and Grant and Cooper were suppose to take their afternoon nap.  I settled the boys into their cribs precisely at 1:00 and headed to the computer to start tackling my list.  About 15 minutes later, the boys were giggling and talking loudly to each other so I went upstairs to quiet them down again.  A half hour later, the giggling and loud talking continued, so of course I went upstairs and this time had to threaten to take away their lovies if they didn't quiet down.  This typically works everytime, but not today!  Another 20 minutes later and now the boys are yelling jokes back and forth to each other, which is really somewhat funny, but as their mommy, I know they need to rest.  So I go upstairs once again and take away their lovies, which of course was followed by loud cries.  They laid down in their beds, I closed their door and thought for sure I might get an hour of quiet time.  No such luck.  The giggling, joke telling, and silliness continued but I decided to let it go at that point.   I figured they would eventually get quiet, and if not they would just have to go to bed early tonight.  Well the giggling escalated to crying and whining, so I went upstairs one final time to discipline them and finally get them out of their beds (enough was enough) and this is what I found...
Those two little stinkers had figured out how to scoot Grant's crib over (his crib is on wheels) and proceed to unload Grant's crib, including Grant, into Cooper's crib. They had been wrestling in Cooper's crib, thus the scratch on Grant's neck and the crying I had heard. I did everything I could to not burst out laughing when I walked into their room. Of course they still had to suffer a punishment for not obeying mommy and resting like they were suppose to, but I thought this was hilarious!!  Can you tell by the look on their faces that they know they're in trouble?!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your afternoon didn't go as planned. However, Grandpa and Grandma had a great laugh reading your latest entry to your blog. We think those little monkey are the cutest monkeys EVER!

    Love you all,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA- so funny they were going back and forth with hurting each other and playing with each other.....so fun that you took a picture to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too too funny! Love the looks. Way to go on following through with discipline, not always easy.

    ReplyDelete