Monday, June 9, 2014

Watch Me Grow: 7 months

Another month has gone by and you continue to grow and learn new things!

Weight: 14 lbs 13 oz

Eating:  You LOVE to eat food!!  Pretty much anything we put in front of you, you will eat, and eat, and eat.  We've added chicken, turkey, peas, corn, apples, avocados, bananas, and blueberries to the list of foods you eat.  The major change in your nutrition is that you are now completely on formula.  After last month's appointment and realizing how little you were, I borrowed a baby scale from a friend so that I could weigh you before and after nursing just to see what you were actually getting.  Well, let's just say mom was not giving you enough!  In a 24 hour period, you only had 8 oz of breastmilk, which explains why you haven't been gaining weight.  So we gradually added one bottle at night and were adding formula to your cereal as well.  In the last week you have completely gone to formula (in part because of some medical circumstances, see below) and momma is done nursing (sniff sniff).  You seem very content and you are packing on the ounces!  Which makes both the doctor and momma happy.


Sleeping:  We have struggled with good sleep this month.  I hate to complain because I know it could be worse, but it definitely could be better.  You are taking two to three naps a day.  On a good day, you sleep 1 1/2 - 2 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the afternoon, and 30 minutes around 4:30 or 5:00.  You go to bed at 7:00 and wake up at 6:30 am.  For awhile, you were waking up multiple times in the night for your pacifier and you were waking up around 5:00 or 5:30, which is TOO early!  Now you seem to be ready to wake up around 6:00.  The big boys are starting to wake up early too and having trouble getting back to sleep.  All of this has lead to some crabby boys, and crabby parents over the past month.  We are surviving, but we are also praying that we all get more sleep this next month.  (AS I'm typing this, Cal is screaming from his crib.  He has had a total of 40 minutes of nap for the entire day and its 2:00, not good!)

Milestones:  You are rolling over so well now, both directions.  We often find you sleeping on your tummy now too.  You are sitting up on your own, but we have to stay very close because you still topple over sometimes.  You are babbling all the time and you have just started sticking out your tongue and blowing raspberries, which is so stinkin cute!  You give "kisses" (which is really just sucking on mommy's face, but i love it anyway!)   You are a smily boy and charm most everyone who talks to you.  You have started noticing unfamiliar faces and you will cry and look for mommy or daddy.  You still have big giant smiles for your brothers.

We made a trip back to Iowa to celebrate Grandpa's retirement and you got to meet your great grandma and grandpa Rognes for the first time as well as some aunts, uncles and friends.


Playing with his buddy!
First Mohawk
Littlest Blackhawk fan


I'm not sure where to put this but I feel like I should add this for my own memory's sake.  This past month has been filled with doctor's appointments for both Mommy and Cal.  I won't go into too much detail other than to say both Cal and I have been diagnosed as iron deficiency/anemia.  So we are both taking iron supplements twice a day, and will have to have blood draws again in two months.  The first one for Cal was VERY traumatic so Jeff has graciously offered to take him for his next one.  Both Cal and I were in tears that day, and I was not too happy with those nurses.  In total he ended up with 1 toe prick and THREE needles in his arm before they got what they needed.  Ugh, it was awful, but we survived!



No comments:

Post a Comment