Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blizzard

Along with many of you, we were hit with A LOT of snow last week. I'm not sure I've ever seen this much snow at once in my lifetime. I heard it was around 18 inches, but it was so hard to tell with the enormous drifts. The snow was drifted up to the top of our fence in the backyard and in some places was up to Jeff's hips. We didn't even attempt to take Grant and Cooper out in it in fear they may fall into a drift! Jeff was home for two days so we enjoyed some unexpected, but much appreciated family time. By Friday, Jeff was back at work and the boys and I were feeling pretty cooped up. I planned on taking the boys out to the mall to run around, but unfortunately went out to start the van and the battery was dead! So for one more day we were stuck inside. Thank goodness over the weekend we were all able to get out of the house a little.  I sure hope that March will bring some warmer weather and sunshine because we have a lot of snow to get rid of!
The snow drifted to to the top of the fence in our backyard.
Our front window covered with snow from the terrible blowing winds.
On our front walkway in front of the porch.
There is a sidewalk under there somewhere!
The front of our house.  Can you see two little faces at the door?
Our backyard
Attempting to play in the snow but we kept sinking down past our knees.  I have Jeff's warm gloves on so my hand's look huge!

The second day of the blizzard, they brought in a tractor to remove all the snow from the elementary school playground right behind our house.  The boys loved watching it scoop up the big mounds of snow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! We got a lot of snow too, but not like the snow you got. Hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete